In most cases you will need to adjust your browser settings:
• For Internet Explorer: Tools Internet Options Connections LAN Settings Uncheck the box for Proxy Server.
• For Chrome: Menu Settings and select “disable extension” in the “Proxy” section.
• For Firefox: Select tools Options Advanced Network (tab) Settings. In the Connection Settings window, ensure that the ‘No Proxy’ option is selected. Then click on the OK button to apply the changes.
*(These processes may differ between the different browser versions)*
The behavior of these processes may vary. In the case of a downloadable VPN, you will be required to shut down all running processes of such applications.
• For PC, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to access the Task Manager. From the Task Manager you can force individual programs to quit.
• For Mac, they must open the Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder of their Applications. From the Activity Monitor you can force individual programs to quit.
For proxy services that are enabled from a specific website such as Tunnel Bear, your session/service must be terminated to proceed.